Lighting and Appliance Tips
- A compact fluorescent light bulb uses 75 percent less energy than a regular bulb – and it can last up to four years.
- If left on constantly, an LED light could last for up to 50,000 hours, or 6 years, which is 50 times longer than a regular 60-watt incandescent bulb.
- Bathroom vanity lights are one of the most used fixtures in the average home. Use energy-efficient lighting, which can provide bright, warm light while using less energy and generating less heat than standard bulbs.
- Choose light colors for furniture. Light colors reflect light. Dark colors absorb light and require higher bulb wattages.
- Clean lighting fixtures regularly. Dust on lamps, reflectors and light bulbs impair lighting efficiency.